Home » Student Life » enrollment


Enrolling for Degree Courses

The Royal University of Phnom Penh accepts two kinds of students for its degree and non-degree programs:
  • Non fee-paying students (scholarship)
  • Fee-paying students (private)
Fee-paying students can be admitted to the following courses:
  • Bachelor of Arts in English (English for Work Skills)
  • Bachelor of Arts in Geography and Land Management
  • Bachelor of Arts in Khmer Literature
  • Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy
  • Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
  • Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
  • Bachelor of Science in Biology
  • Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
  • Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
  • Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
  • Bachelor of Science in Physics
  • All Masters' level courses
  • All non-degree programs

All applicants for degree courses, whether non fee-paying or fee-paying, must have a High School Certificate or a Diploma from another institution of higher education. Some departments require further specialized knowledge, such as in English or computer literacy. Important Dates for New Enrolments (2007-2008)

*Please check with the Studies Office, Room 117, Campus I to confirm.

August 2007 Lists of students selected for scholarship grants available at Campus I
Early September Registration at Study Office, Room 117, Campus I: nominate and the degree you wish to apply for(depending on Grade 12 examination results) and bring the required application documents as outlined below.
Early September Register for and sit the National University Entrance Examination(for IFL & DMC only)
Mid-September First Semester classes begin
October Students must accept the placements they are offered or their placement will be cancelled.

Obtaining a Non Fee-Paying Scholarship

As entrance to the University is highly competitive, each department has an admission quota set by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (MoEYS). To gain admission to study for a degree at the Royal University of Phnom Penh on scholarship, applicants must hold a high school certificate. Since 2002, high school students have gained direct entrance to the University based on the results of their year 12 examination.


For students who are looking for a scholarship, RUPP provides a number of sources of scholarships. read more...